Retail inMotion would like to announce the launch of our new cabin crew flight management application, kubis (formerly mCabin). Heinrich Kubis is noted as the first official flight attendant in history, when he began servicing aircraft passengers in March 1912. The name kubis (subject to trademark approval) has been chosen to reflect the crew centric perspective of the application.
kubis provides cabin crew with an app designed for excellent personalised passenger services, smooth crew management and optimal processes enabling greater productivity. The intuitive logic of the application allows crew to seamlessly manage the various tasks pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight.
Flight preparation becomes much easier with up-to-the-minute information including an overview of the operating crew, showing their skills and special service functions and a comprehensive passenger list with all special requirements and passenger status.
The available passenger information allows for excellent communication and customer engagement, enabling the crew in providing a unique flight experience to guests.
Designed in collaboration with cabin crew from multiple airlines around the world, Retail inMotion have created the application with crew, for crew. Universally understood design styles and user experience allows crew to use the application seamlessly.
The application consists of six modules, each focusing on a specific function of the crew’s role:
- The Base Module provides crew with high level information on flights they are scheduled for duty.
- The Crew Module allows crew to assign and manage working positions for each flight.
- The Guests Module displays an interactive, compliant, view of guests on the flight, including any special service requests they have. This module also links directly to the vPOS application allowing a swift transition to sales operations.
- The Briefing Module consists of the documentation specific to each flight, cutting down on the paper documents required and reducing CO2
- The Library Module contains non-flight specific documentation such as generic working procedures or company policy documents.
- The Reports Module allows crew to create a streamlined incident or maintenance report, including photographic evidence. This reduces post-flight time and processing.