It’s been over a year since we launched our #ADayInTheLife series, in which we ask RiM employees to tell us more about how they approach their work day, from managing their time, to work-life balance, to their hobbies.
In the first edition of 2021, we invited José Lirio Silva, Head of Onboard Retail Europe & Managing Director Retail in Motion GmbH to tell us about his typical day.
Name: José Lirio Silva
Position: Head of Onboard Retail Europe & Managing Director Retail in Motion GmbH
Location: Cologne, Germany and home office in Düsseldorf
Team Size: Approximately 70
Years of Experience: 7 years with Retail inMotion
Describe your typical work day
My day starts around 9:00 am. My schedule is usually packed with meetings but I love to understand the details of the business in order to be a reliable and competent partner for both the team and the customers.
What makes your job exciting?
One of the things I really enjoy about my job is the wide variety of things I do and learn on a daily basis. Just to give you an example, I get to learn about all these different areas – from customs to category management, from strategy to fit checks. Another aspect that makes my job exciting and colourful is the diversity of the staff members; their commitment, loyalty, and enthusiasm is inspiring.
The most exciting part of the business right now is the go-live of all three Lufthansa Group airlines. Ever since we were awarded the contracts on August 31st, 2020, all staff members have been involved in the implementation.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
The most rewarding part of my job is seeing how both the team members and the company continue to grow.
What is one thing about you or your passion that you would like to share with the RiM family?
It’s no secret that I am passionate about sports, especially football. I was lucky to be born in Barcelona, the city of the biggest football club in the world: F.C. Barcelona. That pretty much says it all!
Check out our #ADayInTheLife interviews here:
- #ADayInTheLife: Meet Coca Pitzer
- #ADayInTheLife: Cora Culleton explains how Retail inMotion’s culture shapes employee motivation
- #ADayInTheLife: Ever wondered what it’s like to be a Crew Engagement Manager?
- #ADayInTheLife SPECIAL: Putting the spotlight on Retail inMotion’s new Mission, Vision and Values
- #ADayInTheLife: Thriving in Retail inMotion’s fast-paced, dynamic environment
- #ADayInTheLife: What does a Specialist in Onboard Retail Operations do?
- #ADayInTheLife: What makes Retail inMotion a “Great Place to Work”
- #ADayInTheLife: Ever wondered what it’s like to be a Food & Beverage Category Manager for Onboard Retail?