Fantastic opportunity to own the UI Design area here at Retail inMotion. We are looking for an experienced individual who is versatile and passionate about user interfaces finding satisfaction in high quality design. The UI Designer will work with customers, product , and the software development team to maximize the usability and intuitiveness of the Retail inMotion products. These efforts will be applied to new features, but also to improving existing product UI on a continuous basis.
In this role, you’ll:
· Create designs that are focused on the user’s experience and usability across multi device and platforms.
· Developing conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
· Delivering designs and prototypes to UI specifications
· Prepare new and unique visual designs along with style guides & reference libraries and UI kits.
· Maintaining and evolving the existing design implementation within the team
· Working closely Product owners, Scrum Master and the wider development team in an agile environment.
· Commercial awareness of market conditions and delivery of
· Interpreting the clients business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
· Developing creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the clients objective
· 4+ years’ experience in a similar role will be preferred.
· Proficient with Sketch and inVision.
· Agile experience in a similar IT environment is an advantage.
· Clear understanding of user-centred design approaches.
· Experience running design workshops.
· Confident with best practice design principles.
· Excellent track record of influencing and strong facilitation skills.
· Proven track record with a demonstrable body of work to include wireframes, sitemaps, concept models, user flow charts and design iterations to final designs.
· Knowledge of current UI trends and patterns.
· Excellent problem solving and with an ability to articulate solutions to both technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
· Driven towards innovation, creativity & business results.
· Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, prioritising as required.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently.
· Focused on attention to detail and accuracy.
· Comfortable working as a sole contributor and in a team environment.
· Link to an online portfolio or PDF
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.