Here at Retail inMotion, we are looking for a Tax Assistant to join our in-house Finance Department. As a tax assistant you will report into the tax manager and you will be responsible for assisting her across all tax heads within the company. This career will open many opportunities for someone who loves all aspects of taxation rather than one specific area. You will gain great exposure in EU VAT, the highly topical Brexit negotiations and customs requirements, PAYE compliance including newly revised government incentives along with Corporation Tax and R&D credit requirements. This gives an excellent grounding for someone wishing to train across all tax heads in a fast-moving multinational environment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Support the monthly close process relating to VAT returns in many jurisdictions across the EU
- Support the preparation and filing of monthly Intrastat declarations in many jurisdictions across the EU
- Support the preparation and filing of monthly European Sales Ledger declarations in many jurisdictions across the EU
- Assist in Tax Audits and compliance reviews
- Identify, create and facilitate process improvement techniques for various indirect tax reporting. Involving yourself in various technology testing and improvements for the tax function liaising with IT developers.
- Advise on the EU VAT rules/latest developments to other
departments within the business
- Provide support on annual corporation tax requirements including R&D
- Reviewing current tax legislation relating to our business requirements
- Reviewing monthly payroll tax declarations and provide advice relating to employee income tax
- Assisting in journal entries and account reconciliations relating to tax GL’s
- Assistance with any ad-hoc projects and other tasks when required from a finance or tax perspective.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Qualified Accounting technician or part qualified ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA
- German language ability an advantage
- Genuine interest in tax and a desire to further your career in the industry
- Knowledge of EU VAT law and directives an advantage
- Previous payroll experience an advantage
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- Team player with great communication skills.
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.