Retail inMotion is a global leader in the ancillary services market for the
aviation industry. It specialises in payments, ecommerce, point of sale,
and supply chain systems. Headquartered in Dublin, RiM Technology is a
team of 150 engineers, building and supporting these systems for over 40
of the World’s largest airlines. Our mission is to change the way people
experience travel and our values include making a difference; working
with passion and joy; owning your work; and treating everyone with
RiM recently announced 55 new roles for RiM Technology to grow the
team to over 200 by Q1 2022. As part of its technology growth strategy, a
new SRE Team is being launched to provide world class support and to
proactively maintain the company’s mission critical systems.
The first role to be hired for this new SRE Team is the SRE Team Lead.
This role can be based either in our Dublin office or fully remote. It will
shape how the rest of the team is formed. If you’re passionate about
system health, observability, auto-scaling, applying best practices in
incident management, and often find yourself being the main coordinator
during an outage or other system issue, then this could be the role for
How you will make a difference:
- Drive the formation of the rest of the SRE Team;
- Be an evangelist for best practices in incident management and the benefits of an SRE mindset across Engineering and Operations;
- Assist engineering teams in developing monitoring dashboards for all production systems;
- Establish a new framework for incident management within the organisation;
- Participate in the improvements happening across the organisation as it moves towards high performance capabilities;
- Play a role in the production release process, ensuring the definition of done has been met;
- Contribute to system architecture and design sessions to ensure that all system improvements adhere to SRE best practices;
- Manage and develop a team of SREs and ensure they are setup for success.
The skills you will bring:
- Care deeply about system availability, performance, resilience, and reliability;
- Are a naturally curious person, constantly learning;
- Have experience managing the operations of large distributed IT systems;
- Have led a team of engineers or other specialists;
- Have setup monitoring and alerting systems for a large production system;
- Enjoy leading communications during a production issue;
- Are passionate about SRE best practices.
At RiM, we currently work with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, SQL Server, MongoDB, .Net Core, C#, New Relic, Helm, Airflow, Redshift, and Tableau. If you’re familiar with some of these technologies it will help you onboard faster, but it’s not essential that you know our tech stack inside out before you join us. The right candidate will be able to learn quickly on the job.
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.