This Release Manager opportunity is an integral role within the IT Department here at Retail inMotion. This is a fantastic opportunity to own the complete Release Management lifecycle which involves planning and scheduling of releases in a Continuous Integration environment. This is a very collaborative role where you will liaise daily with DevOps, Account Management, Development & QA teams to manage the deployment of all release activities. The Release Manager must be able to take ownership of Build and Release management across different technologies and environments.
In this role, you’ll:
- Plan, schedule and co-ordinate the management of the release cycles, including scheduled releases, patch releases, new implementations.
- Manage scope of release along with Account Management, Agile team Business Analysts and Development Managers.
- Communicate Release schedules/milestones, scope, change, risks and status.
- Maintain an overview of all client’s releases and conduct release readiness reviews.
- Maintain an overview of all the release activities required to deliver a quality release to schedule.
- Conduct Release Retrospectives and ensure follow-up on areas of improvement
- Track Release metrics and KPI’s
- Continually drive process improvement on all aspects of the release cycle
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent (IT)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Software Engineering, Product Management, Project Management, Program Management or Release Management
- Excellent understanding of overall software development agile life-cycle in a continuous delivery context.
- Successful track record of delivery and release ownership
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Hands-on knowledge of various Agile & Continuous Delivery practices and disciplines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high quality results
- A technical background ideally including experience with .NET, iOS, Java and Android technology
- Ability to engage with multiple levels within business and IT
- High tolerance for fast pace, change and ambiguity
- Initiative and results oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.