As the Head of Software Engineering you will be responsible for the management and strategic guidance of the overall engineering & QA department. You will be tasked with leading the team in the architectural change to microservices, continuous deployment, an evolving Agile organisation and a drive to bring new innovative products to market in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Constantly drive, develop, maintain and improve our delivery processes and systems
- Lead architectural direction and technical design reviews
- Provide direction to direct and indirect reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company objectives.
- Define, influence and deliver the roadmap for the product in conjunction with other key stakeholders.
- Engage with external customers around the business to understand & influence business directions & technical platform alignment
- Guiding, mentoring & assisting the engineering leads on continuous improvement, team development & best practices
- Responsible for all engineering resourcing (Software Development & QA) including career development;
- Responsible for all software development projects including resourcing, scheduling, designing, coding and meeting established deadlines.
- Responsible for developing software programs to meet the requirements and constraints of the customer scope of work.
- Works within an agile environment to accomplish all the deliverables throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (design, development, testing, and implementation).
- 5+ years’ experience in a Software Engineering Manager role.
- Technically highly competent with several years’ previous professional experience in software development.
- Previous professional experience with .Net C#.
- Knowledge of Microservices/Distributed Systems.
- Knowledge of Mobile Application Development.
- Experience within a DevOps CI/CD environment.
- Agile knowledge and experience.
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with key stakeholders and senior management team.
- Task orientated with proven ability to deliver technically complex projects on time and within budget.
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.