Working as part of a dedicated DevOps team, this role will be responsible for creating the infrastructure and systems to build, deploy and support production instances of a new microservices based platform as part of a migration from existing monolith.
With all development centralized here in our Dublin HQ you will have the opportunity to collaborate daily with the wider IT Department within a fast-paced and innovative, agile development environment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Put in place tools to allow quick and easy troubleshooting of production issues
- Deliver infrastructure-as-code solutions to manage microservices infrastructure
- Ensure delivery of full continuous deployment pipeline
- Implement monitoring and alerting systems
- Self-motivated with a capacity to take ownership of a project and see it through
- Passion for automation
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users about issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while effectively communicating with a geographically dispersed team
- Strong communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 years minimum experience working in relevant related role (Software engineer, release engineer, build engineer etc)
- Knowledge and experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices
- System monitoring and alerting (Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana or similar)
- Build and deployment (Jenkins, Octopus Deploy)
- Automated testing tool as part of CI/CD Pipeline (nunit, Selenium)
- Static analysis and reporting tools (Sonarqube, reportportal)
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and DevOps practices
- Use of Git/Bitbucket, JIRA, or similar
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.