The role requires an original thinker who can take a data-led approach to solving complex business issues in effective, creative ways.
The role of Data Scientist in RiM involves fully transforming RiM into a data driven solution identifying the best use of data for each part of the. Experience working in areas such as Advanced Analytics, Data Science, Anomaly Detection, Fraud, Predictive Analytics, Data Visualisation, Machine Learning algorithms, clustering analysis and consultancy would be a benefit.
In this role, you’ll:
Lead the Data Science team applying predictive models, machine learning and AI to solve real business problems. The role involves evaluating the right techniques for the data available and implement the solution, validate and evaluate the techniques used and provide production support for the delivered solutions.
As part of a growing team you will identify new opportunities to apply machine learning in business processes using both internal and external data providing data driven insights, both with the application of machine learning and through engaging visualisations.
- Innovate and contribute to our analytics solutions in order to provide data science services internally and externally
- Engage with Airline In-Flight Retail Managers to understand their requirements and identify/develop solutions that best meet their needs and fit with the overall technology architecture
- Collaborate with the leadership team in developing our product vision and liaise with team leaders to define and integrate the data roadmap with RiM’s strategy.
- Feature and parameter engineering, iterate over models to provide the best performance
- Be able to interpret complex datasets, identifying trends and patterns and provide insights to our customers.
- Own the entire data/development lifecycle from initial concept creation through to planning, implementation, QA and assisting product support teams with the aim to produce robust, structured, high quality and high performing software on schedule.
- Own the production of the models, monitoring them in production and ensuring they keep returning the best results clustering analysis and ideally some implementation of Tensor Flow or similar
- Responsible for serving as a functional and technical expert for the Data and Analytics strategy and implementation
- Explain complex data problems through visualizations
- Ability to explain the benefits of Machine Learning & Data Science to Business Users
- 5 years’ experience in a similar data science-oriented role including creating a product or IT solution in the area of Big Data/Analytics
- 4-7 years of experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, unstructured data analytics
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer science, or related scientific disciples
- Enterprise Data Analytics, Predictive Modeling and AI experience
- Experience in delivering Big Data Analytics, Data mining projects and a track record in providing insight through the application of data analytics
- Proficient in Python (R optional)
- Practical working knowledge of some of the following technologies; Scikit learn or equivalent Python libraries.
- Experience in the implementation of regression models, SVM, Random forest,
- Experience with Qlik, Tableau, D3, Python library or equivalent.
- Ability to quickly gain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the existing Retail inMotion system and data structure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills to explain results and methodologies
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- Experience working with large data sets and tools
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.