Reporting to the Data Protection Officer, the Data Protection Coordinator will be an important part of monitoring compliance with GDPR and other applicable data protection legislation. You will be responsible for maintaining and continually developing our Data Protection processes and provide support for the management of data protection risk across the business.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with the Group Data Protection Officer and Group Data Protection team to maintain the Group Data Protection Program.
- Act as the first point of contact for employees and line managers for all Data Protection issues in line with the company policies and procedures, or escalating matters where appropriate.
- Responding to subject access requests and deletion requests in line with agreed targets and legal timeframes.
- Responsible for reporting all potential and confirmed data breaches to the Group Data Protection Officer and Group Data Protection team.
- Maintaining a log of data protection breaches or near misses, and remedial recommendations and actions.
- Working with each head of department to assess all processes in their departments and identify any process which processes personal data.
- Responsible for updating the Register of Processing Activities (ROPA).
- Assist with the maintenance of data in line with data retention rules.
- Updating guides on data protection policies and associated training and guidance material.
- Responsible for rollout and administration of Data Protection Training.
- Responsible for conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments on new projects and processes.
- Supporting Legal and HR with Data Processing Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements, and subsequent periodic review of these agreements.
- Other relevant administrative tasks commensurate with the post
- Degree level qualified
- Previous work experience within administration, with 1 – 2 years’ experience within compliance and/or data protection.
- Knowledge of GDPR and The Data Protection Act 2018.
- Strong organisational and personal management skills, capable of operating independently with minimal direction in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- IT competent, comfortable navigating software packages to manage Data Protection and administrative tasks.
- Ability to support multiple business units.
- Attention to detail and proven track record in working with effective administrative processes.
- Experience promoting a data privacy culture of awareness and understanding.
- Experience communicating effectively with the highest levels of management and decision-making individuals within the organisation.
- Fluent in English (mandatory).
- Strong IT literacy.
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.