Fantastic opportunity to for an experienced Category Manager to join the team here at Retail inMotion!
The Category Manager will be in daily contact with one of our key clients within the airline industry, owning the category management area and engaging with senior stakeholders to provide them with strategic reports and insights into retail market place. This is a very dynamic role which will involve elements of sales & marketing, attending trade shows to understand the trends in the Food & Boutique markets, reporting and face to face engagement with the client.
The Category Manager will be given complete autonomy over this role with vast amounts of career development and progression opportunities within a flexible and family friendly environment.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience within the retail sector and will be results and numbers orientated.
In this role, you’ll:
- Analyzing sales data and create revenue and earnings projections
- Monitoring performance, plan-actual comparisons and derive appropriate measures
- Develop appropriate ways to improve your menu card on board and the sales figures to increase revenues
- Continuous market observations (Shopper, market and competition analysis) and comparison with the own sales data
- Determine selling prices and target costs on the basis of predetermined parameters
- Further development and implementation of appropriate IT and analytical tools to control all sales and activities
- Support the Account Manager Retail in developing customer and market strategies
- Development and evaluation of offers, including creating recommendations for action
- Create regular reports, sales reports, and specific controlling reports
- Support the central controlling at month-end closing and clarify possible deviations
- Developing, implementing and performing an appropriate quality and performance
- Fluent English oral and written
- Proven track record of downloading, manipulating and processing large volumes of data
- Investigative, methodical and tenacious mind set with the self-motivation to drill down through large volumes of data while clearly focusing on the end objective
- Extremely numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.