Our IT Department here at Retail inMotion are looking for a Lead Android Developer to join our in-house Android Team. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership, be a mentor and provide support to our current team of android developers. This position is suited for an individual who wants to work with an organisation that is the industry leader for mobile development where your creativity and innovation will be encouraged.
In this role, you’ll:
- Play a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of new technologies, and software development.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications developed.
- Provide technical Leadership, be a mentor and support a diverse, co-located team.
- Ability to prioritize team work through balancing both long and short term objectives.
- Identify areas of need and implement successful strategy for improvement
- Communicate project status updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Writes code in Kotlin
- Understands SOLID principles
- Writes clean code
- Writes unit tests (integration tests are a bonus)
- Understands reactive programming
- Knows REST APIs and knows how to interact with them
- Has a good understanding about continuous integration/ delivery
- 7+ year experience designing and developing Android consumer-facing applications.
- Previous team lead or mentoring experience.
- Can-do attitude focusing on identifying solutions to problems.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Experience working within an agile development environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Permission to work within the Republic of Ireland.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet the criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.